Who we are
ICTn is a specialist education supplier for all things IT related. We have been advising educational establishments for nearly 20 years.
ICTn was setup by two education people – Steve Groom, ex-teacher and Sean Jenkins, a schools support Manager. They set out to fill the gap that they saw in the market, namely the provision of quality, independent, practical and relevant advice to all individuals in the education sector.
Now, supported by highly skilled staff offering technical expertise, industry knowledge and a friendly and straight talking approach to ICT in Schools and Colleges. We think we can claim to be one of Country’s leading specialist ICT providers.
So, if you are an ‘IT novice’ or a highly skilled, experienced and capable IT professional we think we have something to offer. From a fully managed and outsourced ICT service, a regular technical visit, or some additional equipment and everything in between. Please contact ICTn to see if we are as good as our claims!
We offer the following services:
· Managed ICT services – either fully managed or in support of your in house people
· Regular maintenance and problem solving visits
· WI-FI planning, deployment and maintenance
· Server and storage advice, commissioning and maintenance
· Cabling for WI-FI networks, Audio visual and telecommunications
· Broadband services – supply, deploy and maintain
· Audio visual – screens, interactive whiteboards, sound systems, hall systems
· E-Security – firewalls, anti-virus, filtering and management
· VoIP Telephone systems
· Network installs, upgrades and management systems
· Cloud services – Azure, Google, Office 365.
· Supply of servers, client devices (PC’s, laptops and tablets) and other IT hardware Cabling and installation work.
· Sims support.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Microsoft, VM Ware, Fujitsu, Samsung, Citrix but also the less well known such as Fortinet (previously Meru), Faronics, LearnPad, Hitachi, Ruckus, Promethean and Smart. Being in education we are also an RM partner – that means we work hand in hand with the largest education supplier in the country. We can supply their equipment but we can also maintain and service their installations and as a recognised partner get the inside track when needing something from them.
The point of all this is, we don’t just accumulate accreditations for the sake of it. We understand the manufacturers methods, we know what they are good at (and therefore what they are not so good at!) and they know that we know what we are talking about!
Which means that we only recommend stable, proven and cost effective solutions – truly independent advice, always.